Author Topic: Sks replacement parts  (Read 1430 times)

kjg

• SKS Newbie
Sks replacement parts
« on: November 01, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »
Here's a whopper of a question guys I searched all over , before I'm asking the question.

Will any sks part from a chicom fit on a yugo and vice versa, I'm just curious here, seems there's slims pickings on chicom parts out there, I'm looking for chineese extracter and gas pistons to have just incase, also noticed other day, that my gas tube (main tube ) has erosion right at mouth, that connects to main gas port, it's old erosion and pitted badly , got this thing cheap. 75.00, it shoots like a dream,

Do have operation problem on occation empty case gets launched, and new round stove pipes, and bold close on next round,  this is not a mag issue, only happens with reloads, not lead bulets but only jacketed 123 grain horndays and  imr 3130, so I think once it gets to too fast a velocity the timming goes to wack , so my thought was new springs, were can I find them I can't seem to locate the new chicom stuff but have found yugo parts will they interchange?? Thanks guys.

wiccaboa

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • The REAL evil black gun
    • facebook
Re: Sks replacement parts
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
Its a crapshoot some parts may swap but some will not such as gas tube and piston they are too long its mostly a fit and test kinda thing have fun and let us know how it comes out
I wander out where you can't see, inside my shell, I wait and bleed.

Greatguns

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »
Most parts are interchangeable with some fitting required with the exception that the Yugo M59/66 and Albanian gas tubes are different than the rest and are not interchangeable with anything else nor each other. If you are only having issues with reloads then I would recommend double checking your ballistics chart on your powder and either increase you load or change powders. Hornady is loading their bullets into steel cases now so you might check with them on what they are using.
I wouldn't worry about the corrosion if the rifle is functioning fine. Ebay and the gun auction sites are good sources for extra parts. AIM Surplus has Albanian parts that will work on your Chicom. Also Polytech still has a bunch of SKS parts available at fair prices. There are other places as well, but this will get you started.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=129&name=SKS+Accessories
http://stores.polytechparts.com/StoreFront.bok

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:09:57 PM »
Here's a whopper of a question guys I searched all over , before I'm asking the question.

Will any sks part from a chicom fit on a yugo and vice versa, I'm just curious here, seems there's slims pickings on chicom parts out there, I'm looking for chineese extracter and gas pistons to have just incase, also noticed other day, that my gas tube (main tube ) has erosion right at mouth, that connects to main gas port, it's old erosion and pitted badly , got this thing cheap. 75.00, it shoots like a dream,

Do have operation problem on occation empty case gets launched, and new round stove pipes, and bold close on next round,  this is not a mag issue, only happens with reloads, not lead bulets but only jacketed 123 grain horndays and  imr 3130, so I think once it gets to too fast a velocity the timming goes to wack , so my thought was new springs, were can I find them I can't seem to locate the new chicom stuff but have found yugo parts will they interchange?? Thanks guys.
I have some unissued piston return springs not caked in cosmoline and coated with Brownells gunkote. PM me if you want one.

perry500

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:12:52 AM »
do you think somebody who had it before you swap parts out on it?