Author Topic: Fabrique Nationale Herstal Rifle, More Pictures Added.  (Read 1241 times)

Ghost Rider

• SKS Gunsmith
Fabrique Nationale Herstal Rifle, More Pictures Added.
« on: November 22, 2011, 06:47:48 PM »
I bought this rifle around 1988, I paid about $375.00 dollars for it, and from what little information I can find about it online its now worth about $ 800.00 + dollars or there abouts. The reciever is stamped CAL. 223 REM, the other markings on the reciever are

FABRIQUE NATIONAL HERSTAL
         MADE IN BELGIUM
       STEYR SECAUCUS NJ

This is a fun rifle to shoot, and one nice thing about it is that it uses the same magazines as an AR 15.
Ive never posted pictures of it before, but I figured this would be a good place to do it. Its been about six years sense ive shot it, so I plan on giving it a good cleaning and taking it out in the spring.

If anyone has anymore information on this rifle I would be interested in reading about it.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/myyota/007-2.jpg[/img]]
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/myyota/006-11.jpg[/img]]
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/myyota/015-3.jpg[/img]]
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/myyota/017-2.jpg[/img]]
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/myyota/014-2.jpg[/img]]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:45:49 AM by Ghost Rider »
I won`t be wronged. I won`t be insulted. I won`t be laid a hand on. I don`t do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Bernard Books

mikeb9374

• SKS Expert
  • Turning back to 556
Re: Fabrique Nationale Herstal Rifle
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
looks crude but then again im a fan of the ak! nice rig GR. i like it wish i had info for ya :lol:

jwperry

• Master and Commander
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • The dolt behind the bolt.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »
FNC?
Success is a poor teacher.
Failure is a cruel teacher; the lesson is often presented at the worst time.

Ghost Rider

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »
FNC?

Even though it doesn`t say it anywere on the reciever, I believe thats what it is.
I won`t be wronged. I won`t be insulted. I won`t be laid a hand on. I don`t do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Bernard Books

nightgunner

• SKS Gunsmith
  • Custom AR build? Sure I can help.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 07:45:20 PM »
Ugly, but still very cool oddity. Kinda reminds me of a Robinson Arms Expeditionary rifle.
"Don't be so open minded your brains fall out"

maloy

• Nothing suspicious here!
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 07:54:11 PM »
It's an FNC, a friend bought two of them when they first came out years ago after he bought his FN-FAL.

Yours looks different in the lower being darker. His also has the folding stocks, but other than that it is an FNC.

Maloy
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:00:21 PM by maloy »
I can't go to hell, Satan still has a restraining order against me!

Ghost Rider

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
It may be ugly, but its fun to shoot. Even though its only .223, you need to lean onto it while fireing because it will push you back. If it wasn`t for the wind and snow I would be out tomorrow shooting it. Its been about six years sense I last shot it.

John Bernard Books

Ghost Rider

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »
It's an FNC, a friend bought two of them when they first came out years ago after he bought his FN-FAL.

Yours looks different in the lower being darker. His also has the folding stocks, but other than that is is an FNC.

Maloy

I bought this rifle around 1988 and its all original, nothing on it has been changed. When ever I search for information on my rifle most of the pictures I find show it with a folding stock. Its hard to find a picture of my rifle with a non folding stock. On the back left side of the reciever it does say sporter so maybe this rifle isn`t as common as the ones with the folding stock ?. Just a guess on my part.

John Bernard Books

maloy

• Nothing suspicious here!
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »
FN FNC Assault Rifle

Like their Common Market fellow members, the Germans and the Italians, the Belgians have a long and distinguished history of firearms manufacturing.

This is especially true of their FN FNC assault rifle, in 5.56x45 NATO.

The FN FNC was designed by Fabrique Nationale in 1976, and this reliable Belgian assault rifle has been manufactured by Fabrique Nationale de Herstal, Bofors Ordnance (Sweden) and PT Pindad (Indonesia). The FNC is a gas-operated and selective-fire meld of the American-made M-16 and the Soviet-made AK-47.

It grew out of the FNC 76 prototype, which in turn can trace its origins back to the Belgian CAL rifle. The FNC comes in a carbine length (the Short Model 7000) and a Standard Rifle Model 2000 model. With the stock extended, it measures 39.25 inches in length; with the butt stock folded, it is slightly more than 30.5 inches.

The standard FNC weighs slightly less than 8.5 pounds with an empty, 30-round STANAG magazine. It is capable of cycling 700 rounds per minute of NATO 5.56x45mm ammunition, traveling downrange at more than 3,000 feet per second.

Although it comes with 820-foot (250 meter) and 1,312-foot (400-meter) sight adjustments, its top-end range is greater than 1,500 feet (approximately 450 yards).

The FNC fires rifle grenades: raise the grenade sights, and the weapon's gas cutoff blocks gas to the action, allowing for rifle grenades to be launched downrange.

The FNC has a two-part receiver (stamped steel-aluminum) held together by a pair of cross pins, that makes disassembly and maintenance a breeze. Its upper receiver is stamped steel and the lower receiver and magazine well are an aluminum alloy.

The weapon's flash suppressor doubles as a grenade launcher, and the FNC features a four-position selector switch: safe, single shot, full auto and three-round burst.

FNC options include a folding metal and plastic butt stock (folds to the right side), a plastic pistol and front grip, sling swivels and a bayonet adapter for the U.S. M7A1 bayonet. After the last round is fired, the action remains in the open position.

Special night sights and telescopic scopes can be added for greater accuracy.
I can't go to hell, Satan still has a restraining order against me!

Frisco Pete

• Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »
I read a review of the FNC a few years ago and the author (Chuck Taylor?) felt that it was the best assault rifle on the market at the time.
Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like it the least.
[Lord Chesterfield]

He who dies with the most 22 LR ammo wins...

Ghost Rider

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 08:55:50 PM »
FN FNC Assault Rifle

Like their Common Market fellow members, the Germans and the Italians, the Belgians have a long and distinguished history of firearms manufacturing.

This is especially true of their FN FNC assault rifle, in 5.56x45 NATO.

The FN FNC was designed by Fabrique Nationale in 1976, and this reliable Belgian assault rifle has been manufactured by Fabrique Nationale de Herstal, Bofors Ordnance (Sweden) and PT Pindad (Indonesia). The FNC is a gas-operated and selective-fire meld of the American-made M-16 and the Soviet-made AK-47.

It grew out of the FNC 76 prototype, which in turn can trace its origins back to the Belgian CAL rifle. The FNC comes in a carbine length (the Short Model 7000) and a Standard Rifle Model 2000 model. With the stock extended, it measures 39.25 inches in length; with the butt stock folded, it is slightly more than 30.5 inches.

The standard FNC weighs slightly less than 8.5 pounds with an empty, 30-round STANAG magazine. It is capable of cycling 700 rounds per minute of NATO 5.56x45mm ammunition, traveling downrange at more than 3,000 feet per second.

Although it comes with 820-foot (250 meter) and 1,312-foot (400-meter) sight adjustments, its top-end range is greater than 1,500 feet (approximately 450 yards).

The FNC fires rifle grenades: raise the grenade sights, and the weapon's gas cutoff blocks gas to the action, allowing for rifle grenades to be launched downrange.

The FNC has a two-part receiver (stamped steel-aluminum) held together by a pair of cross pins, that makes disassembly and maintenance a breeze. Its upper receiver is stamped steel and the lower receiver and magazine well are an aluminum alloy.

The weapon's flash suppressor doubles as a grenade launcher, and the FNC features a four-position selector switch: safe, single shot, full auto and three-round burst.

FNC options include a folding metal and plastic butt stock (folds to the right side), a plastic pistol and front grip, sling swivels and a bayonet adapter for the U.S. M7A1 bayonet. After the last round is fired, the action remains in the open position.

Special night sights and telescopic scopes can be added for greater accuracy.

maloy

Thanks for all of the information.

John Bernard Books

Onepoint

• Administrator
  • SKS Guru
  • نعم أنا كافرة, شكور ل يسأل!
    • Gary's Gun Shop LLC - Torrington WY
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 11:38:52 PM »
Never held one, but that is the holy grail of those who want "a gun like in Heat" :)
"War is not 'the best way of settling differences; it is the only way of preventing them being settled for you." - G.K.Chesterson /   "Reality is that which, when you refuse to believe, or stop believing in it, does not go away."

www.garysgunshopllc.com

Ghost Rider

• SKS Gunsmith

John Bernard Books

cbdolphin

• SKS Guru
Re: Fabrique Nationale Herstal Rifle, More Pictures Added.
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 02:22:20 AM »
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Redneck2.0

• SKS Marksman
  • Just cuz it's broke don't mean it needs fixin'!
Re: Fabrique Nationale Herstal Rifle, More Pictures Added.
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 11:46:38 AM »
That's a sweet rifle.
American by birth. Southern by the grace of God! ! !