Author Topic: AES-10B  (Read 2104 times)

solyanik

• SKS Plinker
Re: AES-10B
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 01:44:57 AM »
The more expensive ($799) version has a folding stock. The one you are looking for is being imported by Century. They sell it on their (dealer) site for $499, so $525 is a very decent retail price for it.

crazy4milsurps

• SKS Gunsmith
  • Just plain beautiful!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
 :lol:
Yeah why let a little thing like bills get in the way of owning a really nice firearm. :roll:

I'm sorry, I didn't see anyplace in any of Mancat's posts here where he indicated that it was either pay the bills OR buy the rifle :roll:

Did you see that someplace in this thread ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwnwbG9YLE
:sign5: :laughing3: :laughing4: :laughing5: :laughing6:
"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. We are the last stand!" -Ronald Reagan

We murdered Gaddafi!!!

Ceddie

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • It’s bad luck to be superstitious…
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 09:20:29 AM »
One thing to be aware of about the AES-10 from century with the club foot stock, it is not a true RPK.
The receiver is lighter and the barrel is thinner and it doesn’t have the windage adjustable rear sight.
It is essentially, a long barrel AK.

I have one that I’ve mounted a TIP2 scope on and use as a long (er)range rifle along with the PSL.
Ceddie
~
Never trust a dude with a roll of visqueen and no plausible reason.~
A well armed hippie with a generally poor attitude about how the ‘left’ has chosen to redefine ‘liberalism’… LIVE & LET LIVE use to mean something.

7.62vz

• SKS Expert
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 09:36:58 AM »
One thing to be aware of about the AES-10 from century with the club foot stock, it is not a true RPK.
The receiver is lighter and the barrel is thinner and it doesn’t have the windage adjustable rear sight.

I have one that I’ve mounted a TIP2 scope on and use as a long (er)range rifle along with the PSL.

So the fixed stock one has a regular AK receiver, not a beefed up one.  How about the folding stock one?

Mancat

• SKS Guru
  • give all the milsurps to me
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »

I'm aware... The AES-10B with fixed stock IS a true RPK, but the AES-10 isn't. The "B" makes all the difference.

Ceddie

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »
I'd LOVE to get my hands on a 10B

(I bought mine sight unseen and was told it was...)

If there is a new batch with the club foot and beefy barrel, that is GREAT news!

Ceddie
~
A well armed hippie with a generally poor attitude about how the ‘left’ has chosen to redefine ‘liberalism’… LIVE & LET LIVE use to mean something.

Mancat

• SKS Guru
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 10:14:11 AM »
Yup my dealer is primarily an AK collector so I know he doesn't have them confused. He always does pics too.

So how does your AES-10 do in accuracy compared to a standard length AK or SKS?

AKBLUE

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 10:42:26 AM »
RPK's are really not any big leap in accuracy in my experience.  The longer sight radius helps, and the built in bipod and extra stability seem to help. 
The AES10B is sold as folder or club foot stock.  You can get a folder for $50 so the price differential is just retailing vs any real difference.  The clubfoot is a better deal/choice and just pick up a sidefolder after.  It will need a little trimming to fit the RPK 1.6mm receiver vs the 1mm AKM receiver but this is just file work or an angle grinder or belt samder etc.

Ceddie

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
AKBLUE, in your opinion, how does the heavy barrel and the thicker receiver hold up to the heat VS the lighter parts?

My 10B doesn't open up nearly as bad as the PSL with faster fire but it does seem to get sloppy. I'm thining that a 10 may be a better buy for a TABUK style clone.
Ceddie
~

Mancat

• SKS Guru
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »
Yeah the only other difference I know of is that the AES-10B that comes with sidefolding stock also includes an adjustable bipod, whereas the clubfoot has a fixed length bipod. Doesn't make much difference to me.

AKBLUE

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 11:25:09 AM »
The bipod type depends on the year of the kit or component.  Not sure if they stick to the no-adjustable with the wood vs adjustable with the folder.  Though this is period correct as the adjustable bipod and folder are the later fearures on the RPK.

The RPK does have the thickest barrel among the PSL, M76, Tabuk or other long barrelled AK actions.  I cannot say that I have documented how much they open up in specific shot group size or anything due to heat.  Just from seat of the pants shooting and I do have access and shoot to 300 yards.  Everything seems to change as they heat.  In normal conditions with an RPK I do not think this is an issue.  With a DMR the rate of fire would be a very low rate normally so I probably exceed that in every range session.  Wish I had more patience to wait 30 seconds to a minute or two between shots., but the finger gets antsy about every 15 seconds or so.. :lol:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:29:50 PM by AKBLUE »

7.62vz

• SKS Expert
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 01:25:11 PM »
Anyone know for sure if the ones at J&G are really new ones with the bulged receiver or parts kits as the description says?  It looks like it has the bulged receiver in the pics.

Mancat

• SKS Guru
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »
Yes they appear to be.